Time to get inspired at the London Fashion Week. It’s one of the world’s highest profile designer events in London.
250 designers ready to showcase their designs to an eager audience of influential media people. And influential retailers. Attended by more than 5,000 press and buyers. Orders placed during the week often exceed £100 million.
The Showcases and takes place in February and September of each year. This year it begins on the 15th of February until Tuesday the 19th of February 2019. It is one of four major fashion events that take place around the world each year. The other three cities are Paris, New York, and Milan.
This year the show will be taking place at The Store X, 180 Strand.
- Shows kick off at 9.30am on Friday, February 15th.
- The first show will see Gayeon Lee’s collection make its way down the runway. Other designers will be showcasing from 10am onwards.
- The final show is at 9pm. Followed by a cocktail reception hosted by Fashion Hong Kong.
- Saturday’s schedule will follow a similar time pattern. Starting at 9am, with shows every hour until 9pm.
- Sunday, February 17, is the day for Britain’s top designers to showcase. With Vivienne Westwood, Victoria Beckham, and Burberry all on the agenda.
- Monday, February 18th. Pringle of Scotland and Aspinal of London will show off their collections.
- Tuesday, February 19th. The Closing day will see shows from London based Fine Jewelry. And ready-to-wear designer Natasha Zinko.
- Proceedings will draw to a close at 6pm. Following the presentations of emerging talent.
London Fashion Week History
The event is organised by the British Fashion Council a nonprofit trade group aiming to promote British design within the UK and abroad. Founded in 1983 and launched the London Fashion Week in 1984.
The first London Fashion Week was held in a West London car park. In tents outside of Kensington’s Commonwealth Institute.
Some of the young designers to debut here were Betty Jackson, David Fielden and the Gibraltar-born John Galliano.
The British Designer of the Year title was also awarded for the first time. With the full-blown annual British Fashion Awards coming for the first time in 1989.
The fashion week struggled in the early 90’s during and post-recession. In 1992, the event was confined to just a few rooms in The Ritz and a handful of designers.
Then seems to be the comeback
- 1993, Naomi Campbell took to the runway topless, bringing attention back to London.
- Student Stella McCartney’s 1995 collection. Modelled by Campbell and Moss, sold out completely.
- 1997 when Sophie Dahl. Granddaughter of Roald Dahl the famous children’s author. Walked the runway at size 14. Which sparked a national debate about anorexia and the fashion industry.
In 2019 the London Fashion Week is an anticipated event by many. You can meet the experts and be inspired by talks from industry icons. Shop curated looks straight from the Catwalk. Enjoy the collections and trends from the designers on the catwalks.
Buy your tickets at https://londonfashionweekfestival.com
Travel in style to London Fashion
You deserve to travel in style to London Fashion Week. Our professional luxurious chauffeur service will get you there on time. So you can enjoy the events and all the parties. Whether you need an airport transfer to your luxury accommodation. Or you would like to be picked up from your hotel. Contact Super Dream Cars to book your luxury car today.